turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So our actual refund from the IRS was a few hundred dollars less than TurboTax's estimate. I wonder if this should be any cause for concern?

It's not even the money itself that I'm concerned about, just that somewhere along the line the IRS thought our taxes were off at all (at least based off of the meager information we have, which admittedly is only what TurboTax thinks we were owed and what actually showed up in the bank account). Is this common? FYI that the IRS obviously accepted our return and the refund we did get was exceedingly fast.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

So our actual refund from the IRS was a few hundred dollars less than TurboTax's estimate. I wonder if this should be any cause for concern?

The IRS will be sending you a letter about this; they do not notify TT.   It might be as simple as an adjustment for a data entry error.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The IRS will be sending you a letter about this; they do not notify TT.   It might be as simple as an adjustment for a data entry error.

Thanks for the fast reply, fingers crossed that's all it is. Much appreciated.

Oddly enough, the letter from the IRS came the day I made this post! It makes sense after their calculations, kind of makes me wonder what TurboTax missed that made this happen though.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies