Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So I finished filing with turbo tax I did do a pre qualified advance check and I pre qualified for the advancement so I did apply for a turbo tax refund card as required and it has been over an hour.

Am I still going to get my advancement I qualified for ? It’s been over a hour ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

So I finished filing with turbo tax I did do a pre qualified advance check and I pre qualified for the advancement so I did apply for a turbo tax refund card as required and it has been over an hour.

Please read carefully.  There are people so confused by this they think they will get a refund in an hour after they e-file, and then they are surprised to find out they will not be getting money in an hour.

Make sure you click some or all of the links within this one:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The reference to "one hour" is after your efiled Federal return has been accepted by the IRS.

See this FAQ:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/when-will-i-get-my-refund-advance/00/967159

Unless your return is pulled early by the IRS for testing purposes, most people won't know if their Federal return has been accepted until January 27 (or soon after).  January 27 is when the IRS starts processing returns.

To check your efile status periodically, log into your online account, and you should see the status at the Tax Home page.  It will say "pending" until the IRS retrieves the return and sends an acceptance/rejection notice.

Oh ok got it. Thank you so with in a hour after I receive a email and or notification stating that I have been approved then I should receive the advancement. And but all of this will be done by and or after the 27th of January. 

That's what the FAQ says.  It actually says 99% of folks will get in within an hour after acceptance of the efiled return.

Be aware there will likely be a backlog when the IRS opens up on January 27, so you may not get an acceptance notice that day.   There's no way to know how smoothly the IRS opens up each year.

Ok Thanks you have been a really great help. 

You're welcome.  Good luck.

@denesha2520 

Sorry to report there's some additional confusion that I'm going to have to ask a Moderator to clear up.

The FAQ I provided you above clearly says 99% of folks receive the refund advance "typically within 1 hour" of your Federal return being accepted.

However, the following 2 FAQs say "within 48 hours" of the Federal return being accepted.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510
and
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333

I've requested a Moderator clarify that today and explain why those FAQs have such different information.  And when I hear something, I'll post it back in this thread.

@denesha2520 

See the comments I left above about the time frame confusion, which I've asked a Moderator to sort out and clarify.

You also need to be approved for a Turbo Visa Debit Card to get the Refund Advance.

Have you heard back yet if you are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card?   I couldn't tell for sure in your original question.

Yes I was approved for the debit card already activated it via online using the internet. I also then downloaded the Turbo card app as well and am logged in. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies