turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sent my taxes and received my refund. My company gave changed W-2, and I want to go in and see how much more I would get back if I filed amended. Is there an easy way?

Redoing my taxes from scratch is way too much work and it will not let me even start an amended return yet.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Sent my taxes and received my refund. My company gave changed W-2, and I want to go in and see how much more I would get back if I filed amended. Is there an easy way?

Form 1040-X shows as currently being available within Turbo Tax and if you already received your refund then you should be able to initiate an amendment. Please try the process again and if you still receive the same error, you may reach out to support via phone for further assistance - contact details can be found here @robert_nadon.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Got my answer there is absolutely nothing I or TurboTax can do.  This has to do with the Govt amending our return for us, and even though I need to amend a different part of the return since they are amending it I am stuck.

Read more here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amend-tax-return/help/why-can-t-i-amend-my-return/00/2122917

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Once you sign in to TurboTax, Scroll down to Your tax returns and documents, select 2020, then Amend (change) your return.

This link will provide you with the steps to amend your return.

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already...

Thank you for your response, but I tried that and this a is what i get:

Your return isn't ready to be amended yet

Please help.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Form 1040-X shows as currently being available within Turbo Tax and if you already received your refund then you should be able to initiate an amendment. Please try the process again and if you still receive the same error, you may reach out to support via phone for further assistance - contact details can be found here @robert_nadon.

Got my answer there is absolutely nothing I or TurboTax can do.  This has to do with the Govt amending our return for us, and even though I need to amend a different part of the return since they are amending it I am stuck.

Read more here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amend-tax-return/help/why-can-t-i-amend-my-return/00/2122917

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies