turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xColby96

Refund Advance

My federal taxes was accepted 4 hours ago and I still haven' received my refund advance loan.  When should I expect it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

Typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return. However, the IRS has not begun to process returns as of yet. The IRS will begin processing returns on January 27th so you may not receive your funds until after that date.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund Advance

@EbonyL122824  I filed on the 15th received my acceptance email for my return lastnight, but have not received an email from first century about my refund advance. I also received my turbo card in the mail. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

You’ll receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. The funds will be loaded on to the card within 48 hours. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. You’ll be able to start spending online with your card information after setting up your Turbo Card account.

Also, a physical Turbo Card will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days. The remainder of your refund (minus the Refund Advance amount and any TurboTax fees) will be loaded onto the card when the IRS or state tax authorities distribute your refund (typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance).

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

Refund Advance

I got the email yesterday at 1:00 pm that my refund was accepted. Still haven't received my advance, and my credit karma account says deposits are "off". This is ridiculous, I won't be returning to Turbo Tax next year after using them the last several years. 

Refund Advance

Got the email yesterday at 1:00 pm that my federal was accepted. I still haven't received my advance, and my credit karma account says deposits are off. This is ridiculous, and will probably be my last year using turbo tax. Myself, my son and my mom have all used turbo tax for years. But, this is unacceptable.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

You'll receive an email when your Refund Advance funds are available to spend.  For more information please click the link below.

Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program

Refund Advance

The link you provided says you will get your advance within 1 hour of the IRS acceptance of your efile. My federal efile was accepted by the IRS around 5pm yesterday, it is now almost 11:30am the next day and my KC account is still at $0. Is there some kind of delay? It's been a bit more than 1 hour.

Refund Advance

Literally the worst answer I have ever seen. TT customer service basically said oops dunno go talk to credit karma. its not their problem. TT sends the deposit not the other way around. I have an established CK account there is no reason to have any delay on their end. My return was accepted yesterday, and god ol Barb with 30yrs of experience told me it would be within an hour 

Refund Advance

@Indyclubfootmoms SAME!!! I filed mine at 12:10pm and IRS accepted them at 2:50pm - no advance 🙄

Refund Advance

That’s actually I correct. The IRS opened and started processing returns yesterday on the 24th. I received my accepted return email yesterday. 

Refund Advance

Same here! I was approved for an advance and still nothing. Frustrating 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

We have received feedback that some are having issues and we are investigating. However, Credit Karma is the issuer of the Refund Advance and they are the only ones that can assist with the status of your advance. You can contact them by clicking here

Refund Advance

It's been over 48 hours, I've given up hope, and look forward to taking my business elsewhere next year. 

Thank you. 

Refund Advance

Same, been with turbo for years never again. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies