turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund advance

How can I get a refund advance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

Refund advance

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
gab821

Refund advance

i have got accepted by the irs and still waiting on refund advance. need answers

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund advance

If you have already ensured that the correct email address is on file for you,you should receive correspondence about your advance soon.

"You’ll receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. The IRS usually begins processing and accepting e-filed returns in late January."

For more information, please see the following TurboTax FAQ

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510

@gab821

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kt92
Returning Member

Refund advance

Following 

Tlee13
Returning Member

Refund advance

@AshleyLO , my return was accepted almost 24 hours ago. Still havent recieved anything, not even an email. Starting to wonder if the refund advance program is a fraud...

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund advance

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card1, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

About Refund Advance

Tlee13
Returning Member

Refund advance

@CassLO @I have gotten an email about setting up my turbo card. The email never said an approval amount though. Which is odd. I’ve also not gotten an email from the bank so I’m assuming I haven’t been denied. It’s just curious really.

Refund advance

I also did not receive an email with an approval amount. I did get it emails asking me to set up my turbocard account. I was approved while filling so I’m very confused, as it’s been 25 hours. last year it was within the hour.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund advance

Once the IRS accepts your return. one hour later, you will get the card info (which then has to be set up with an online account). Forty-eight hours after acceptance, there is money available on the virtual card.

About the Refund Advance application process

About receiving your Refund Advance

How will I know if I'm approved for Refund Advance and how long does it usually take?

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card1, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

gab821

Refund advance

I was accepted Monday night and I still haven’t received an email or anything, I already have a turbo card, so when will I hear something 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund advance

This may take 24-48 hours. More information and details regarding your Refund Advance has been provided for you in the link. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/01/27333#M3444

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund advance

You should receive an email with instructions on how to create your online account. If you can’t find it, check your junk mail folder. The sender will be turboprepaidcard@email.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com. If you cannot locate it after checking your junk mail folder, or are having trouble creating an account, or logging into your Turbo Prepaid Card online account, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

Kt92
Returning Member

Refund advance

Just like everyone else, my temporary card has not worked at all. So the full amount of my refund advance is still "available" on my temporary card. My question is, once I activate my physical card, will I be able to finally access that money or does the money disappear along with the temporary card??

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund advance

The loan advance will not disappear. If you created a Turbo Visa Debit Card online account and have funds available but you’re unable to use your temporary card number for online purchases, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169. 

Please see the information provided below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/00/27511

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies