turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Recovery Rebate Credit - Status Pending

I did not receive either of my stimulus checks, so I filed for the Recovery Rebate on February 12th (see confusing info. The IRS accepted my return 2 days BEFORE I actually filed??). I have not worked for a couple of years, and have not had any taxable income so that is the only thing I claimed on the E-file. My refund was due on the 3rd, but the IRS website says it's still pending. Any idea as to why it has not been accepted or refunded yet (or how they accepted it prior to my filing)? I did have outstanding student loans, but those accounts closed out May of last year, so I currently owe nothing. There is no other reason that I can think of why there would be a delay. Any ideas of how I can find out what the delay is?

TRANSMITTED: 2/12/21

ACCEPTED: 2/10/21

REFUND: 3/3/21

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If you are still waiting for your stimulus payment, you can check the following TurboTax link for help.

For refund inquiries, please visit the IRS website to see their refund status tool.

Thanks Renee. I have searched and read everything on there, and still have not come up with an answer as to why it's still pending or a phone number to call to talk to an actual live person. I actually think I've reached the end of the internet! I just thought maybe a tax expert would have an absolute answer or phone number to help.

Thanks though!

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS is the only one who can track your stimulus/recovery rebate credit. They won't divulge that information to TurboTax or anyone else as it is very confidential. You can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and they may be able to give you a status update on it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies