turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

childre

How can I print a copy of all the forms used for my 2020 returns?

Have already paid.  Did not see any thing that said print copy of forms.  Sent electronically.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

94 Replies

I assume you meant to say 2019 return--not "2020", which is next year's return.

By "all forms" I assume you mean you want the option to get the worksheets, too.  In any case, the method I tell you below will let you choose how large a PDF you want.

Are you printing for your records after efiling? 

If you recently efiled, has your return been accepted?   If not yet accepted, it's best to wait until it is, then your return PDF should also have the electronic postmark in it.  

If you're wanting to get the complete return and all the worksheets, summary pages, etc., here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it if it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  •  The latter has the most pages.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

How can I print a my 2020 returns? Even if they are not finalized.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@tasweersyed01 If you have not filed your taxes yet and need a copy of your tax return, please see the TurboTax FAQ below:

Can I print a copy of my TurboTax Online return before I file it?

If you have already filed, see the instructions below:

You can locate the worksheets that were included in your tax return by accessing a complete copy of your tax return from the Print Center. The PDF file of your tax return, that is located on the tax home page will not include the worksheets.  Please note: this may not work until your return has been accepted.

Please see the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return which would include all worksheets:

1. Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.

2. Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click on show.

3. Next scroll down and click on Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.)

4. In the left side panel click on Tax Tools then click on Print Center.

5. Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.

6. Then select the option to print your 2020 federal and state returns (shortest version). You can also select the option to Include government worksheets (optional) (medium-length version) and/or You can also select Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) (longest version). Then select View or print forms.

7. This will allow you to print your complete tax file.

8. Once you have finished printing, click on Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click on Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

turvy1042

I would like to print my 2020 return that was filed electronically.  How do I do that?

turvy1042

No, I want to print 2020 return for my records.  I filed electronically.

@ turvy1042 wrote:

I would like to print my 2020 return that was filed electronically.  How do I do that?

I'll assume you used Online TurboTax.   Has your return been accepted?   If not yet accepted, it's best to wait until it is, then your return PDF should also have the electronic postmark in it.   But the following may explain your current issue:

After one has efiled and been accepted, it can sometimes take a return PDF a while to update and become available at the Tax Home.   You didn't say "how" you are trying to print.    If you can't use the Download/print button at the Tax Home or the "Download/print the PDF" link in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", or if you're getting incomplete documents when you use one of those methods, here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it if it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2020, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has what you need.  The latter has the most pages.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

@turvy1042 wrote:

No, I want to print 2020 return for my records.  I filed electronically.

This is an old thread from last year.  You can ignore anything in it about 2019, which was addressed to the threadowner last year.  See the answer for 2020 that I just left you after your other comment.

williamoboyd
Returning Member

how do I print 2020 state and federal returns I submitted

@williamoboyd wrote:

how do I print 2020 state and federal returns I submitted

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

williamoboyd
Returning Member

how to print copies of 2020 forms used to file

@williamoboyd wrote:

how to print copies of 2020 forms used to file

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Fuzzy2

yes, my problem is with last years and this year taxes being rejected so i need them printed so i can mail them in but i am having trouble getting to where they are

Fuzzy2

I see Download/Print return. i see Download.taxfile

Have you paid the fees?  You can try to efile 2020. If you didn't file 2019 or it rejected then enter 0 for the AGI to efile 2020.

Manage cookies