turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Prepaid refund card never received but tax refund has been deposited

Has anyone had this issue and if so what happened? My turbo tax prepaid card has not arrived (I filed on 1/22/19). I called the customer service number and the automated system is saying my state refund has been applied to the card, yet I never received the card! They said they will issue a new card but what will happen to the refund??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
tindams

is there an update about this situation? i still haven't received my card yet. i cant talk to anyone on the phone they said i had two cards but to track but they needed the card number, well if i dont have the card i sure in the heck dont have the card number every time i try to report it on the website it does nothing the page just refreshes back and makes me sign back in 

ldmartinez
Returning Member

i didn't receive my card so i called the [phone number removed] and they told me my card was returned back to them and they would sent me another one and i would receive it in 3 days  after 5 days i didn't receive anything i called them again and they told me the same thing and this time the told me that fed ex would deliver it to my house in 3 days i spoke to my local post office and they advice me that everything was correct with my mail and nothing has been send back 

Did anything ever happen? Im in a similar situation, I called customer service two times today and waited at least a half hour on hold to speak with someone then both times after I confirmed all my identity information and explained what my problem is I was hung up on. Im thinking I made an extremely poor choice in choosing to have my return sent to Turbo Prepaid card. I 100% regret it, I cant access my money and the customer service is a joke. 

I am in the same boat. Never received original card I called and was told it was returned but they don’t know why. Was told a second one would be sent. Have not received that card. Called today and no one can tell me anything. This is getting very frustrating because my money has been sitting there for almost a month and I cannot access it.
jessiejm2018
Returning Member

Did you get a resolution yet as I cannot get a live person on phone or get onto the online account?

No I have not and it very frustrating. All I want to do is to get my money. At this point I don’t care if I receive a paper check because I’m tired going back and forth with turbo about cards I never received.

I finally got ahold of someone over the phone but she was very hard to understand. She gave me a email address to update my address which did not work. ([email address removed]) so I assumed the correct address was [email address removed] so I sent my documents there and every variation of that address I could think of that might be correct, 2 days ago. Haven't gotten a confirmation email or anything stating they have received it. I'm at the point now that I'm getting EXTREMELY annoyed of playing these cat and mouse games on the phone and over email and not understanding what the hell else do they want. I'VE HAD THE SAME ADDRESS EVERY TIME I'VE FILED WITH TURBO TAX FOR 5 YEARS. I'M NEVER FILING WITH TURBO TAX AGAIN! I WANT MY MONEY OUT THIS WORTHLESS PREPAID SCAM. THEY TRICKED ME INTO THINKING I WOULD GET AN ADVANCE ON MY RETURN, MESSED UP MY ADDRESS AND MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO UPDATE IT MYSELF AND THEN WASTE MY TIME ON HOLD FOR HOURS JUST TO HAVE SOMEONE WHO CAN BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH TO WASTE MORE OF MY TIME TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE THE HELL TO SEND THEM SOMETHING THEY ALREADY HAVE. I DON'T EVEN WANT THE CARD I JUST WANT MY MONEY OUT NOW,!

EXACTLY SAME THING HERE!!!!! I’ve literally been going back and forth with them for the past 2-3 weeks and it getting very annoying. They kept saying the mail person couldn’t find my address so my first card was returned and a second one was sent which I NEVER RECEIVED. And I know they were lying because I’ve had the same mail lady for years and she knows us very well. So there is absolutely no way in hell she couldn’t locate my address. I’m so sick of them also. I originally wanted a paper check but at the end of my filing it told me I couldn’t receive a paper check because turbo tax had fees to take out. LIKE WTF DOES IT MATTER WHY CANT THEY DEDUCT THEIR FEES AND THEN SEND ME A PAPER CHECK AFTERWARDS!!!!!! Next year I am definitely getting a bank account. To hell with this prepaid card because this is absolutely ridiculous and everytime I call their it is someone that DOESNT SPEAK CLEAR ENGLISH and the IRS is no better because it is insanely hard to get a live person over there. I just with it was a way we could get our money one way or another and be done with this turbo prepaid **bleep**.

I hope TurboTax likes losing loyal customers because I'm done with them. I just want to transfer my entire balance from this POS prepaid card to my bank. The only reason I got it was because I was pre approved for the advance but I never got it and I never got a reason why I didn't get it. This whole thing is f*cking bullsh*t I want my money.

I am also having the same problem. It has been 5 weeks and I still have not received my card. I was told a replacement card was sent but I never received my original. I was also told I could get a card fedexed to me but I would have to call back in 24 hours. It took me three weeks to get a human on the phone before that. I would also like to get an English speaking person.

I finally got someone from turbotax on the phone after holding for 40 minutes. Then I got put on hold for another 10 minutes to be told turbointuit had no control over the debit cards. They are the ones offering them therefor they are responsible. I have used turbotax before and never had a problem. I will never use them again. I need that money to pay my tuition. I can see it in my account but I can't get it. AAGGGHHHH!!!!

Has anyone in this discussion got their Prepaid Visa card yet? 

I was sent an email on 04/21 that my Prepaid card was on it's way, on 05/08 the IRS deposited the refund on the card but I have yet to receive the card as of today, 05/14. I too called the 800 number and got a recording, answered all kinds of questions and didn't get anywhere, I was told info I already knew. I really need that money and am worried about it. 

Cdavis28
Returning Member

mine was accepted on Feb 10 never received my card and my refund was put on it. so now i’m paying card fees and not able to get my money i can not get anyone on the phone all i get is automated crap has anyone found out how to get in touch with someone

Wow you're the first person that's replied on here, it's seems I don't get any answers no matter where I try. If mine doesn't come today then I'm going to attempt to call both numbers I've found while searching on this site. I'm worried about paying card fees, I'm only getting around forty nine dollars, but it's money I really need right now being in between jobs. I'll post on here the results. I wonder if contacting the Better Business Bureau would work.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies