turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Pending

I had file my return on the 8th and it still said pending... but my boyfriend file the same day and he already has his return coming back! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies

Pending

He must be in a test batch.  You won't get Accepted until the IRS opens on Jan 27, 2020.  Until then it will stay Pending on Turbo Tax .

IRS opens on Jan 27, 2020 for 2019 returns
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

Pending

I was in the test batch that was accepted on the Jan 13th.  Mine say accepted . When should I expect to get it back 

Pending

To all the people saying the IRS doesn't start accepting until the 27th, stop being a bubble "burster" and give them all the facts with your answer.  We know that the IRS officialy opens on Jan. 27th; however, there was already a test batch with acceptances last week and there is another test batch that begins today and ends on Thursday, so Ashleynstiles there is a possibility you may be accepted one of those days.   Fingers crossed you do.  If not then most likely on opening day.

Pending

So if it was accepted on the 13th it should be 21 days from that date ? 

Pending

drnicely66 That would depend on if you fall under the Path act and if you're daily or weekly processor.  

The earliest direct deposit dates could be as follows:

Non Pathers daily – Mon. Jan. 27th
Non Pathers weekly – Wed. Jan. 29th

Pathers daily – Fri. Feb. 21st

Pathers weekly - Wed. Feb. 26th

Pending

I have a similar situation, except why has Maryland state taxes still show pending as well as Federal? I was hoping that I could at least have a status on my state Taxes since they are relatively faster but both show pending?? Even marylandtaxes.gov has no records of my submitted return

Pending

@vlewis0705 wrote:

I have a similar situation, except why has Maryland state taxes still show pending as well as Federal? I was hoping that I could at least have a status on my state Taxes since they are relatively faster but both show pending?? Even marylandtaxes.gov has no records of my submitted return

Most states will not start accepting state tax returns until on or after the IRS starts accepting federal tax returns.

Pending

I filled mine on the 16th an got accepted today i must be in the test batch🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Pending

I did my taxes on January 13th and it still says pending. 

Pending

@Lchavarin90 wrote:

I did my taxes on January 13th and it still says pending. 

It will remain Pending until the IRS opens for receiving tax returns.

IRS opens on Jan 27, 2020 for 2019 returns
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

Pending

The second test batch is between Today and Thursday, so there is a possibility you can be accepted by then.  It is not a guarantee, purely random.  I wish these top level people would stop giving "not until Jan. 27th".  I was accepted on the 13th so it is possible to be accepted before the 27th, but it is pure luck. 

If you're not accepted by Thurs. Jan 23rd, then you will be accepted on the 27th or after.   Good luck!!

Pending

I filed on the 16th and I still show a pending status

Pending

@wolfspeak2 wrote:

I filed on the 16th and I still show a pending status

The IRS has not officially started to receive tax returns - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

Pending

DoninGA yes they have.  My coworker updated to the second bar on wmr and has a ddd for Jan. 27th, opening day!.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies