turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Path act

Listen to this I filed on the 22nd of last month said I would get my refund in the 12th of feb and it didn’t happen , got sent to Irs for path act which is weird because I did not have those credits I’m pretty sure I don’t have a kid , anyways it’s being process through irs , this is bs 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Path act

I have the same problem. I filed on the 27th of Jan. and it said I would receive it on the 16th of Feb. into my account. It is now the 19th and nothing still even though it seems to say It has been sent to my account. 

Path act

@ Domilove1998 wrote:

I have the same problem. I filed on the 27th of Jan. and it said I would receive it on the 16th of Feb. into my account. It is now the 19th and nothing still even though it seems to say It has been sent to my account. 

We don't know for sure what all the "its" are.

"it said..."

What said???   If you are referring to what was showing in TurboTax, that's an estimate based on averages.   So I'm suspicious that the first date you mentioned is the estimate that TurboTax gave you and not the IRS,  unless you explain otherwise.   Go only by any date that the IRS gives you.

"it seems to say..."

What "seems to say"???    And why does it only "seem" rather than stating outright?  Does the IRS say that your funds have been released and sent to your account?

What is showing when you use this IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?  Does it say the funds were sent, or does it say something else?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If the IRS indeed says the funds have been sent, then the IRS says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.  But it doesn't always take that long.

However, there could be another link in the chain.    Did you use Free Edition, or did you have any fees?

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG) where you can log in to check on it or use their automated phone system.   If you did not use that method to pay fees, then this paragraph won't apply to you.

Path act

Joejoe2 wrote:  "I filed on the 22nd of last month said I would get my refund in the 12th of feb and it didn’t happen"

If it was TurboTax that provided the February 12 date, that is just an estimate based on averages.   Go only by what you see at the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If you have a PATH Act message at the WMR tool, maybe the IRS thinks you qualify for EITC.  If your income is low enough, a child is not required.

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit/do-i-qualify-for-earned-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies