turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paid for turbotax through federal return - will the government still have the right info for the stimulus payment?

I know one can easily get direct deposit for stimulus if you have filed your taxes and they have your bank information. However, even though I do this every year, for some reason I don't get the stimulus directly deposited. Is this because I chose to have the payment for turbo tax deducted from my federal income? I noticed my state tax refund showed a deposit from IRS but the federal tax return showed up as a deposit from an LLC as they were channeled though turbotax. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Paid for turbotax through federal return - will the government still have the right info for the stimulus payment?

You are correct, when you have your TurboTax fees taken from your refund, your refund goes to a bank that processes the payment from the IRS and then sends you a payment after your fees have been deducted. That can result in the IRS sending your stimulus payment directly to you, since the bank doesn't want to get involved as they don't have legal authority to handle your stimulus check that you didn't sign off on.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You are correct, when you have your TurboTax fees taken from your refund, your refund goes to a bank that processes the payment from the IRS and then sends you a payment after your fees have been deducted. That can result in the IRS sending your stimulus payment directly to you, since the bank doesn't want to get involved as they don't have legal authority to handle your stimulus check that you didn't sign off on.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is so incredibly misleading and dishonest of TurboTax. First, I never knew they charge you $40 to withdraw fees from your return. It doesn't tell you that anywhere and it took me a lot of digging to find my bill. 

Second people NEED TO KNOW that doing this will throw their stimulus payments off. This is a major problem for me. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies