turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ok so I filed my taxes so I could get the stimulus payment like the irs website said to do. But irs website says I'm not getting a return after turbo tax said I will?

I filed as unemployed. Only thing I claimed was I didn't receive the stimulus payments which I didnt
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Ok so I filed my taxes so I could get the stimulus payment like the irs website said to do. But irs website says I'm not getting a return after turbo tax said I will?

You filed a 2020 federal tax return and the tax return was Accepted by the IRS?

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

What Exactly does the IRS website for the status of a federal tax refund indicate?

Yes I filed taxes on the 9th of this month. It got accepted the 12th or 13th. According to turbo tax I'm receiving 1800$ which is the stimulus money. According to the irs.gov website my expected return is 0$. Even when putting in my info to where I can check the status of it i have to put in literally 1$ or it won't check it. So I'm confused am I receiving the stimulus money as my return or not?

@jessedfiles wrote:

Yes I filed taxes on the 9th of this month. It got accepted the 12th or 13th. According to turbo tax I'm receiving 1800$ which is the stimulus money. According to the irs.gov website my expected return is 0$. Even when putting in my info to where I can check the status of it i have to put in literally 1$ or it won't check it. So I'm confused am I receiving the stimulus money as my return or not?

In this instance you will need to contact the IRS.  Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

So about how long if I wait should it take it to be changed after being accepted? Like will it change to say issued or denied? Just a estimate on the time frame is fine 

@jessedfiles wrote:

So about how long if I wait should it take it to be changed after being accepted? Like will it change to say issued or denied? Just a estimate on the time frame is fine 

The IRS has been slow processing tax returns ever since last year when the pandemic hit.  Wait another week to check the IRS website for tax refunds.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies