Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gungeek

Never got a stimulus and I filed with turbotax for 19, now the IRS has amended my return and taken out the 1800 buck credit...am I screwed because of turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Never got a stimulus and I filed with turbotax for 19, now the IRS has amended my return and taken out the 1800 buck credit...am I screwed because of turbotax?

sounds like the IRS thinks you received the stimulus, suggest calling them

it has nothing to do with your 2019 tax return. It's all about 2020

gungeek

File every year with turbotax, they have all my returns, I got ZERO stimulus dollars...ever.

used the recovery rebate credit, now IRS is bouncing the return with the exact number that negates that 1800 buck credit.  I have never made over 60k, according to ALL their rules I am eligible for every dollar of stimulus so far. They apparently are eager to screw me out of every dollar.

@gungeek = let's try and figure this out.....and it may require contacting the IRS 

when you filled out your taxes, did you state you received zero for the first two rebates?

did $1800 show up on Line 30 of Form 1040? 

did your refund match what you were expecting? if yes, then the $1800 was already part of the refund. 

if the IRS reduced the refund by the same $1800 that is on Line 30, they think they already paid you and would be worth contacting them.   

By any change do you owe back taxes? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies