turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rosel

my tax record with the IRS does not show 2020 taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Please clarify - by "tax record with the IRS", are you referring to your IRS transcript?

Until the 2020 return has fully processed it will not show up on the transcript site. If you had a balance due on the return expect it to take months to populate since balance due returns have once again been put on the "back burner" while the understaffed IRS processes returns with refunds first and issue third stimulus payments.  They are still have several millions of 2019 returns to process that were also put on the "back burner" so only knows if or when they will ever be caught up. 

jules693

Since we owe, and are on the back burner, does that mean we won't receive our 3rd stimulus until they process the return? How long will this take?  We qualify based on our 2020 return.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

A little more information is needed.  Have you already filed your 2020 return?  If you did not qualify based on your 2019 return and you do based on your 2020 return, you will need to wait until your 2020 return has been completely processed.

This link continues to be updated as information becomes available.  This information is provided by the IRS - Third Stimulus FAQ 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jules693

Yes, we filed with turbo tax 4 weeks ago.  But from what I see here, because we owe, our return is in no man's land.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you did not qualify from the 2019 return, then you would need to wait for the 2020 return to be fully processed. 

If you would like to speak with the IRS to check on the status of the return, you can click here to contact the IRS. @jules693

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The IRS is sending out Stimulus #3 payments in batches, and will take a few weeks to complete them all.  This one comes to you separately (and automatically), not as part of your 2020 tax refund.  You can check the status here:

Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies