turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My stimulus registration is still pending after 48 hours

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

It depends. It is possible it is filed but your system is not updating. By revisiting the registration, you will know. Please close all browser windows and use Chrome to register.

Go to this site: TurboTax Updates for Stimulus Payment Registration (It will look like the screen shot below) and re-enter the stimulus registration:

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

@catmommy09

Tabithamisch
Returning Member

I marked on my taxes this year that I still can be claimed. But I can not and I know my parents didn’t claim me. Will this affect the stimulus check? @KathrynG3

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you marked that you are claimed as a dependent, you may have to amend.

"If the child can be claimed, even if they are not actually claimed, they don't qualify.  However, if in 2020 they do qualify as an independent, then they should get a credit in 2021 (for the full $1200)."

Tabithamisch
Returning Member

Even if your older than 19? They won’t look into that? That’s crazy.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately yes, that is correct. Potentially being claimed as a dependent changes your standard deduction. You could amend your tax return in the mean time, but it is likely going to delay any possible stimulus payment. 

Before doing anything, check these rules to see if you could be claimed by someone else: Who can I claim as a dependent?

If you qualify as independent, then see this link: How do I amend my return?  First and foremost, trigger the amendment following the directions in the link before changing anything. Then, go to My Info and change your answer that you cannot and will not be claimed. If you could be claimed but were not, you do not qualify as independent.

@Tabithamisch

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies