turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BCastro14
Returning Member

My Refund is over $1500 off....anyone know why?

I submitted my taxes and should have been getting back a refund of $3710 (which was approved)....less the Turbo Tax fees (around $90). However, I only received $2208 via direct deposit from Turbo Tax into my bank, with no explanation as to why. The IRS website says I should have gotten the full amount, and so does my TurboTax account. I have no outstanding debts that would cause this. Why would the amount actually sent to be be so much less? Can someone explain or assist? 

Thank you. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Is $3710 Federal plus State?  They come separately.  Or did you ask to have some of your 2020 refund applied to 2021, or used to purchase Savings Bonds?

The IRS does not advise TT, so you will have to contact the IRS.

And did you know if you have the fees deducted there is an extra $40 Pay with Refund service charge?  So that makes the Self Employed version 90+40=130.  Did you do a State return?  State is a separate 40 too.  But that doesn't make up all the difference. 

Did you claim any Recovery Rebate Credit on 1040 line 30?  Maybe it was too much or you didn't report all the Stimulus payments you actually received.  Like if you got the second round after you filed.  

BCastro14
Returning Member

I am in Florida, so it's just federal, theres no state tax. 

Did not ask to apply toward next year or anything similar...and just very confused at the difference! 

Anyone know the best way to email/contact  the IRS to get info as to why? All I can obtain from them so far is that full amount was approved and deposited. 

BCastro14
Returning Member

Thank you, $130 sounds right! I don't have anything on line 30.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies