turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My printed form says my tax returns are going to be direct deposited into my savings account, but I wanted it to go i to my checking account.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My printed form says my tax returns are going to be direct deposited into my savings account, but I wanted it to go i to my checking account.

If your tax return has been accepted, it is too late to change the direct deposit instructions from savings account to checking account. Do you have both accounts and are the account numbers the same? It's unlikely that the IRS pays any attention to the words savings or checking on your tax return. They will send the direct deposit to the routing number and account shown on your tax form. 

Ok.  I only have a checking account with that bank and that’s my only account number.  It sounds like it doesn’t matter as long as the account number is correct.

Yes if your routing number and account number are correct for your bank account, it doesn't matter that your tax return has savings checked by mistake. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies