turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Federal was accepted on February 8th I'm still seeing the message. Still Processing will have a date when available. I have no answers. Why haven't I received it yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

My Federal was accepted on February 8th I'm still seeing the message. Still Processing will have a date when available. I have no answers. Why haven't I received it yet?

Processing simply means that the IRS is working on your return, it is the stage after accepted and before being approved.   Here is more information on what's happening with your return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4689484

The IRS has not shut down completely. To protect the public and employees, and in compliance with orders of local health authorities around the country, certain IRS services such as live assistance on telephones, processing paper tax returns and responding to correspondence are extremely limited or suspended until further notice.  While, you may not be able to enter one of their offices they are still working on returns, however at a slower rate due to limited resources.   Although the tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020, from April 15, the IRS continues to process electronic tax returns, issue direct deposit refunds and accept electronic payments. As of April 3, the IRS received over 97.4 million tax returns and issued over $213 billion in refunds.  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies