turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

Posted earlier today, June 25, 2022.  Santa Barbara uses automated system probably to avoid calls.  Told my SS number is invalid as far as they are concerned.  Brick wall between Turbo Tax, Green Dot and Santa Barbara.   I can't help but thinking a large class action lawsuit is in order to put these organizations back in line.

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

I received the state refund in a timely fashion but no federal wherein the Green Dot filing fee problem/federal refund rip-off lies.

Join the crowd.  Waiting since June 2021.   Reported to CA A.G. last week.   Maybe talk to some lawyer acquaintances and see what other organizations to disclose what has been transpiring with GD, etc., et al.   Needs big investigation - have a feeling hundreds, if not thousands, being cheated.  

IRS running a trace since June 2021.  Guess they are running into a brick wall with these, in my opinion,  nefarious entities as well.

That's really messed up, I'm here to tell you that you will get no help from TurboTax been down that road. Once TurboTax sends SBTPG your tax info It's out of TurboTax hands you have to deal with SBTPG and GreenDot I hate to say that good luck in getting your refund I have same thing happening to me. I have filed complaints  Consumer Complaints, State Attorney General, Federal Reserve Consumer Complaint, Federal Reserve,and other agencies. Look up SBTPG Reviews and look up Green Dot who works with SBTPG biggest crooks You ever heard of.

6ossladii

Tax products group have had my money since 2/22/22, it's now 6/27/22 and I still don't have my money. THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND I NEED TO BE POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION PLEASE SOMEBODY ANYBODY THAT HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM??

I filed my taxes in February 2021. The same thing happened to my refund. It was sent to santa barbara tax group. I have been fighting with this company for 5 months to get my refund with no resolve. I have submitted over 30 requests and emails online not a single one has ever been answered. I call once a week and spend hours on hold and rarely speak to anyone. When I Do manage to speak to a representative they have no answers. The reference numbers I have from the automatic email responses are non existent and they can not find them. I desperately need someone's help with this situation!! I will never use Turbo tax again!!

This website give you no help at all. The requests submitted here never get returned!!

Im in the same boat 5 months later. Did you receive your money yet??

SBTG is a joke. Their website is a complete waste off time!!

I am still waiting for a substantial refund due June 2021.   Filed a complaint with the CA Attorney General who replied they have written to Santa Barbara Tax & Finance.   IRS still trying to follow up.   Grossly incompetent, fraudulent or both.

I got the "nonexistent" line too from Green Dot.

You do not have to use TurboTax ever again if you do not want to.   But you need to be aware that no matter what tax software program you choose to use in the future ---- when you choose to have the fees deducted from your federal refund there will always be a fee for that choice, and there will always be a stipulation that you have to pay your fees within an allotted amount of time whether your refund arrives or not.  And there will always be a third party bank involved---other tax prep software companies also use SBTPG.     So avoid that situation.   Pay your software fees upfront.

And next time---see if you qualify to use any of the free filing services offered on the IRS site:

https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you need to do in order to track your money down is this: 1)contact the IRS and get the trace route number for the account they sent the money to.... also, ask what the exact amount was that they sent out and what date

2) call the SB TAX GROUP and give them the trace route number you got from the IRS... they'll ask for the exact amount and the date it posted as ACH...

3) Santa Barbara will tell you that they sent the remainder of the funds (tax prep and filing fees taken out) to green dot corporation... ask for the trace route number, date of transfer...

4) call green dot Bank, an automated recording will ask for your card number and such,  but what you need to do is press the button to indicate a problem with your card/ lost or stolen... and you will reach an operator there...

5) explain what the problem is and tell them you're trying to verify the account.  

That's that.  I had 7k sent to green dot last November...I never asked anyone to do that.  All 7k was drained quickly via unorthodox transactions a few days after I contacted green dot... they didn't wanna lock my account until all my **bleep**ing money was stolen and then they lock it up so that i can't even access the last 134 dollars they left me... which is still being charged a service fee ...

TurboTax SBTPG Green Dot Bank are scammers 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies