turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dmaaru

My federal refund for 2020 supposed to be $205 according to turbotax but on IRS website it says $1405. Can anybody explain what happened?

and I recieved letter from IRS about review my tax return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My federal refund for 2020 supposed to be $205 according to turbotax but on IRS website it says $1405. Can anybody explain what happened?

$1,200 more?  Did you not get the first stimulus check for 1,200 for Single?  Or did you have unemployment?  If you filed early they adjusted returns for the first 10,500 unemployment exclusion.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

We can’t see your return. Generally the IRS sends a letter explaining the adjustment. 

$1,200 more?  Did you not get the first stimulus check for 1,200 for Single?  Or did you have unemployment?  If you filed early they adjusted returns for the first 10,500 unemployment exclusion.

dmaaru

I just found out that I did not get second stimulus check of$600x2=$1200 and did not claim it on my tax return. Probably that was the reason.

Bingo!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies