turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MommaRox

My child’s name was auto filled instead of my husbands. All went through and accepted. Now filling out FAFSA. Do I need to amend the tax return first?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My child’s name was auto filled instead of my husbands. All went through and accepted. Now filling out FAFSA. Do I need to amend the tax return first?

What ????   Do you mean your child is listed on the jointly filed return as your spouse or the taxpayer and NOT as a dependent ???

MommaRox

Yes my child’s name is listed on the married joint filed return, instead of where my husband’s name should be. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

did you use 1 account for both your joint and child's return?  if your child is listed as the spouse on the joint return, you need to amend.     sooner or later you will get a notice from the IRS.  

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies