turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2020 return filed on February 22 with AGI 160k but my 2019 AGI is 145k but as per my irs account status 2020 return is not received or processed so will I receive 3rd stimulus ?

2020 return filed but not received or processed by irs what AGI they will use it for 3 rd stimulus ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

My 2020 return filed on February 22 with AGI 160k but my 2019 AGI is 145k but as per my irs account status 2020 return is not received or processed so will I receive 3rd stimulus ?

The third round of Economic Impact Payments (EIP3) will be based on the taxpayer's latest processed tax return from either 2020 or 2019. If the IRS has received and processed a taxpayer's 2020 return, the agency will instead make the calculation based on that return and use the bank information on your latest return. Since your return is not yet processed, then the IRS should use the last return filed (2019). 

You can check the status of your third payment by using the Get My Payment tool, which is now live and reflecting the status of the 3rd stimulus payment. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks but I still see status " don't have information on payment". Should I wait for couple of more days  or call irs ?

Last time during 2 nd stimulus, it also happened that payment got delayed by a week as irs credited to turbotax and they credited in my account. How to check this information ?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

This information is provided by the IRS - Third Stimulus FAQ 

Thanks for response but if you will refer above conversations then I am eligible. Will this time also they credit to turbotax account and it will transfer to me ? How to confirm these details ?

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

It depends.  It seems you are saying your return has not been received by the IRS.  If you do have a confirmation email that your return has been accepted by the IRS, from TurboTax, then they have received it.  If you did not get an acknowledgement of acceptance by the IRS then your return is not yet filed.

If we assume it has been accepted, then the IRS will use your 2020 tax return when they disburse the third stimulus payment. If you used the Refund Processing Service, then it's possible it could come to TurboTax and then transfer to you.  We must wait for IRS action or direction for the method they will use to distribute funds. They were not consistent in the first two rounds.

Click the following links to stay informed about the third stimulus payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies