turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ajpollett77
Returning Member

Married filing joint--one name on turbo card?

Good afternoon,

I'm getting worried about having the turbo tax prepaid card. We filed married-joint. We were approved for the refund advance, and received it. Now my worry is our return will be rejected because only my husband's name is on the card? I've seen several people in refund groups I'm in state theirs was rejected (using turbo prepaid card) because both names were not on it. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

Here's some places you can get more information.

First, Track your refund: If you are receiving your tax refund on the card, you can track it. Visit irs.gov/refunds  or call the IRS Refund Hotline at (800) 829-1954. 

If you have a Turbo log in, check out this website to see the status of your card: https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/login 

You can call Greendot to report a lost card here: (888) 285-4169 

I hope this helps. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ajpollett77
Returning Member

This doesnt answer my question at all. The card isn't lost. I KNOW the return is going on this card because we got the advance. I need to know if it will be rejected because only one of our names is on it.

GabiU
Level 15

Did you Get Refund Status? Does it say rejected? 

ajpollett77
Returning Member

No, it does not. But I'm wondering if it WILL once they try to deposit the refund to our card because only his name is on it? 

GabiU
Level 15

That's great news! If your return is accepted you should be good to go! 
Your card should arrive within 7-10 days of when your return is filed. If you do not receive the card within that time frame, you can call Turbo Prepaid customer service at (888) 285-4169 for assistance. 

We filed a joint return. Refund would be a joint refund. Turbo card is only in hubbys name. Will they reject it?

Yes they will reject it. They rejected our state, our federal and they’re about to reject our stimulus. Don’t bother calling them, they say there’s nothing they can do. Both my husbands name AND mine were on our paper checks when they came so I honestly have zero idea how they rejected them but they did.

Manage cookies