turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mailed Tax Return Documents

I sent my federal and state tax return in the mail yesterday. On my federal and state returns, I put in a copy of the w2 that my employer gave me which included copy b and copy 2. I also included my 1098e in the envelope with the other documents. Is this going to cause problems with my tax return if any of this was incorrect?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

No. You should have copies for yourself of anything you sent to the IRS. Normally, you would only need to include Forms W-2, 1099-R or any other form with withholding. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

No. You should have copies for yourself of anything you sent to the IRS. Normally, you would only need to include Forms W-2, 1099-R or any other form with withholding. 

Ok thank you. Just clarifying, sending documents that I did not need to send will not cause any problems with my refund?

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

No. The IRS doesn't especially want them, but it won't cause a problem.

How long does it take to get your refund back and when is the date consider when it said when did you file?

JosephF8
Expert Alumni

It generally takes about 21 days from the date your return was accepted to get the refund.

To check the status of your refund wait 24 hours after acceptance if you efiled or 4 weeks after you mailed your return.

Where's My Refund

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Do we mail in all of the worksheets that say "keep for your records"?  

jackiedenise11
Returning Member

How do I find out why my taxes were not efile?  I have no way to print anything. 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

If your return was rejected:

• Look for an email from turbotax@intuit.com, it will give you a brief explanation of your reject and how to fix it.
  • Select Fix my return, and you'll see your reject code and explanation.  How do I fix a rejected return? - Community

If the only filing option is by mail, your return might have some forms that have not been finalized and can't be e-filed at the moment. Please check the link for information on why you might not be able to e-file your return.

When a tax return can't be e-filed no matter what ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I simply wish to see my 2018 return and see my 2018 adjusted gross income and I find your system

to confusing 

@boblynch1927 wrote:

I simply wish to see my 2018 return and see my 2018 adjusted gross income and I find your system

to confusing 

The 2018 AGI is on the 2018 Federal tax return you filed Form 1040 Line 7

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on View adjusted gross income (AGI)

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If your tax return continues to be rejected with the 2018 AGI then enter a 0 (zero) for the AGI and e-file again.

If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

It may be because you didn’t file taxes last year or don’t have the papers from last year! My best advice is to go to a Staples or local library to print the papers out, only cost about $1.50 to print at Staples and $7 to mail. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies