turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mhoneman

Letter from the IRS that I need a form 1095-A and a From 8962

Where do I get a form 1095-A and form 8962?   I was never sent those forms in the mail.   I e-filed my taxes early March but never got my federal refund.  I recently got a letter from the IRS that I need to send in a completed from 8962 and a 1095-A, but I never got those forms and have no idea where to get them or how to fill them out to give the IRS what they want.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Did you get health insurance through one of the state Marketplace Exchanges?  If so, then you should have received a Form 1095-A in the mail back in January or February.

Or do you have health insurance through your employer or directly with a health insurance provider and received either a Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C?

See this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

...find your Form 1095-A. This won't be in TurboTax. You should have received a paper form in the mail from your marketplace. If you didn't receive a Form 1095-A, sign in to your Healthcare.gov account to download a copy.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
mhoneman

I have health insurance through the Marketplace, but never got that form in the mail from them. 

You have to get a copy from them then.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies