turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Letter 4883C verifying identity

I went I to the local tax office to verify my identity and my question is WHY would it take 9 weeks to prove that it's me when you've seen my driver's license, utilities bills and clearly see the picture on my DL IS ME! I gave you what you asked for to prove it's ME filing! What else do you need !? Blood , fingerprints sheesh! Where's my **bleep** refund! Ugh
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

The local office just takes the information (think of them as a courier) then sends it to the processing department where another human needs to process the information you submitted.  Anything that requires a human to touch and process takes months to complete processing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

@Lisa995 while I appreciate them protecting my identity they're destroying my plans for MY MONEY ! This is Insane! Those humans that have to process the release OF MY NEED need to push the petal to the metal and release my money ! I've already proven that IT'S ME! Never have I had to go through this . I efiled on Feb 2 ! Enough is enough _____Pissed 🙄
TRWesty
Returning Member

It is insane!  My CA State taxes were received on 02/07/19.   Luckily I checked my on-line account with ftb which had a letter waiting for me from 03/12/19 to validate my identity.  I faxed and emailed everything that was requested AND now its going to take another 9 weeks???  Ridiculous!  I feel like if our return was 'selected' for this validation after already waiting for over a month for processing, then it should be addressed as soon as the info is received!  My son submitted his taxes two weeks ago and already has his return!  So is it taking so long because they are busy processing all the returns that came in so far after we submitted ours?  This is a messed up process and makes no sense.  How in the world should it take 9 additional weeks to review something that apparently we were randomly selected for?  I guess being prudent and getting our return in early just gets us penalized by being one of the last ones to receive our money.  If we are lucky, I guess a return submitted on Feb 7th should get to us around May or June???   Wow....brilliant minds at work.  

Same here it’s so annoying and I’ve went in to debt
Manage cookies