turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Its been over 2 months and I haven’t received my refund. The federal gov approved it already and the irs.gov states that it’s still being processed for some reason

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Its been over 2 months and I haven’t received my refund. The federal gov approved it already and the irs.gov states that it’s still being processed for some reason

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your tax return. The IRS reports that they issue 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your tax return refund may require additional review and take longer to process. 

Please see these TurboTax FAQ's on why some tax return refunds may take a while to be released:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The IRS is closed and I can’t speak to a person. The only people i can speak to is you. And your telling me there is nothing you can do !

Its been over 2 months and still I haven’t received my refund. Filed on the 24 of February 20. Phone lines down, no contact made no nothing. I did everything correctly, Both State and Fed was accepted, still no email, no call, nothing. My coworkers even got there stimulus already, this is terrible. I have three kids/wife on one income. I’ve paid my taxes not sure why this is happening to us.

Same for me I did my taxes with turbo tax, received my state refund direct deposit but no type of deposit for my federal. Irs says still processing and when I input my information on the “get my payment” portal it tells me My information is wrong!? Now I’m locked out for 24 hours. When does this pandemonium end!? Why are we not getting answers?

Exactly the same situation as me. I got my state return 3 weeks ago but federal still says processing.  The stimulus tracker says I cant be found which is probably because the federal return isn't processed for some crazy reason. My taxes couldn't be simpler I had one job, no dependents and no deductions of anything additional to complicate anything. If somehow I did make a mistake how come there has been no attempts to contact me to correct anything? I tried calling the IRS  but its shut down.  I got laid off too and unemployment denied me too whoch makes no sense I've worked there the last six months and they shut down so specifically  because of covid. Oh yeah and you cant call california unemployment too because their number as well as offices locally are shut down.  I havent had any income at all in 2 months I literally do not even have a dollar to my name and every resource that is supposed to help me inexplicably is denying me. I am probably going to be on the streets if something doesn't happen in the next couple weeks. I'm terrified honestly and I feel lost....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies