turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

coda5610

It says my federal Refund is $1,800 which is from me not getting any stimulus checks. It says status "ready to mail" ive already mailed my info. It says no federal refund

When i go to the help page it says "no federal refund status available"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

It says my federal Refund is $1,800 which is from me not getting any stimulus checks. It says status "ready to mail" ive already mailed my info. It says no federal refund

After filing the return, one reason the federal refund tracker would drop to zero if an amended return was started. The best way to check what was filed with the IRS is to check a PDF copy of what was printed and mailed.

• To see what was filed, open the accepted tax return filed. You will be at Tax Home:
    • Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and Show
    • Navigate to the option to download the PDF of your return so that you can see what was reported as a refund on page 2, line 35a of Form 1040. The forms are named in the top left and lower right hand corners of each page.

• If you have the Recovery Rebate Credit included in the pages of your return, and Line 35a on page 2 of Form 1040 shows $1,800, then the correct information was mailed.

• If it shows zero on Line 35a, then you may need to amend. The IRS has not offered any guidance on whether they will exercise their authority and adjust any remaining stimulus payment errors automatically. We expect more information from them in the coming weeks.
      • If you did choose to amend, this must be started before any changes are made to correctly complete Form 1040-X. This is done by clicking the Amend(change) my return option in Your tax return & documents section.
      • Once the amend is started, then to return to that area of the return, follow these steps:
        • ​​​​​​​Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link.
        • Answer Yes.
        • At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
        • Since no stimulus amount was received, enter 0. When finished, click Continue.

For more information, see: How do I claim the Recovery Rebate Credit?

How do I amend my 2020 TurboTax Online return?

coda5610

It says on Line 35a 1,800. I had to mail the 1040 forum to the IRS, i did that back in January 10th or so, this is my first time fileing taxs. It still shows $1,800 Total 2020 Tax Refund. So is the check ready to be mail to me? 

$1,800

Federal Printed             Ready To Mail

$0 

KS State Printed            Ready To Mail

TT's software does not know that you put your tax return in an envelope and took it to mailbox.   The software will continue to show "ready to mail" forever.   If you mailed it then you know you mailed it and can track it on the refund site about 3 or 4 weeks after you mailed it.   It is always best to use a mailing service like certified mail when you mail something to the IRS so you will know they received it.

When the IRS opens its mail and begins to process mailed returns you can check the status on the IRS site. https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies