turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It says its estemated refund date is the 5th of this mouth but its past that and irs track my refund says it's still proessing whats going on with it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

It says its estemated refund date is the 5th of this mouth but its past that and irs track my refund says it's still proessing whats going on with it?

It depends. A lot of taxpayers are in the same situation as you due to the IRS backlog right now. Although The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, some returns take more time to review. In addition, the IRS is processing millions of returns, as well as stimulus checks, and they are doing everything they can to be as prompt as possible. 

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lmcneil08

I’m having the same issue only thing mines saying not processed. It’s really sad now turbo tax want a payment and I haven’t received my refund yet.

DanaB27
Employee Tax Expert

Please be aware, the IRS is currently taking longer to process returns. The return is in the hands of the IRS and only the IRS can speed up the process. Nobody else can influence how fast the IRS issues the refunds.

You can track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site. 

Please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? for additional information 

@Lmcneil08

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies