Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bcayou96

It’s past the 48hrs and still saying pending

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Even though it's possible to efile now, the IRS hasn't even opened up return processing yet this year, so the 24-48 hour clock hasn't started yet . The IRS opens up to start processing returns on January 27. If you efiled before then, your return will just sit on TurboTax servers until the IRS retrieves it on Jan. 27 (except for a few returns that are pulled early for testing purposes.)  So you'll need to wait until January 27 (or soon after) to know if your return was accepted/rejected, unless it's pulled early.

NOTE:   Even though you may be able to efile now, by law the IRS will not issue a refund on tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit until February 15 at the earliest.

It had been 4 days they told me 24 hours to 48 hours I would get a response and I have not

@Rogersanborn  Read this

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies