turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It's been a month already and I still haven't received my state (Colorado) tax return yet, should I be worried? thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

It's been a month already and I still haven't received my state (Colorado) tax return yet, should I be worried? thank you

I presume you mean your CO state tax refund.

Some states are fairly quick with refunds, while other states can take a long time processing returns--even several weeks--as they crack down on detecting fraudulent returns.  And state tax agencies have likely been affected by the Coronavirus situation, increasing delays.     At the FAQ I provide you below, you'll see that the CO DOR warns that returns can take longer to process as they undergo stricter fraud-prevention mentions.

Of course, you first need to be sure your CO return was successfully filed.  Here's how:

If you efiled, be sure your efiled state return was accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, you can check by looking in your Online account at the Tax Home. 

Or did you choose to file by mail instead?  TurboTax does not mail it for you.  If you chose that method, you have to print, sign, date, and mail it.

FAQ:  How do I track my Colorado state tax refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-colorado-tax-refund/00/26566

NOTE:  When you go to the "Revenue Online" link in that FAQ, it will take you to the CO DOR website.  There is no need to login there. Simply scroll down the left side of the page and choose the option "Where's My Refund?"

I filed it through TurboTax online my friends have gotten their CO tax return already and I still haven’t so I’m just worried

@ kevinzoo wrote:

I filed it through TurboTax online my friends have gotten their CO tax return already and I still haven’t so I’m just worried

Returns are like snowflakes.  They're all different.   Handled by different people, have different items to approve/investigate, may need ID verification, etc.   You can always phone the CO DOR and ask about it to ease your mind.  They may be able to tell you if there is a reason for the delay.   Sometimes they are in the process of sending a letter for more info or ID verification.

The phone number is prominently displayed at the page linked below, as well as their business hours.  You may have to scroll down a bit.

https://tax.colorado.gov/contact-us

Thank you

You're welcome.  Good luck.

Manage cookies