turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It’s been 3 months sents I mailed off my amended tax return for 2019 and it still isn’t showing up on irs website. How do I know if they got it?

Amended
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

It’s been 3 months sents I mailed off my amended tax return for 2019 and it still isn’t showing up on irs website. How do I know if they got it?

The only way to know is if you mailed it with a tracking service or certified mailed with return receipt.

The IRS is running WAY behind and amended returns are taking 6 months or longer.

You can check the status of your amended return here if it has been entered into the system.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

The IRS has a large backlog of paper returns.  The IRS says it has made “significant progress” in reducing that logjam. It had 2.4 million individual tax returns received prior to 2021 in the processing pipeline as of March 5, according to the agency.  Amended returns can take up to 12 weeks to show up in the system during normal times.  

If you wanted to be able to verify that the IRS received it, you should have sent it certified mail.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies