Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is my info accessible yet? I paid to access my past years returns and can not access them.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Is my info accessible yet? I paid to access my past years returns and can not access them.

This is mainly a user community forum, so no one here can actually see anything to do with your specific account.  However, we can tell you how to access past returns.  Once paid, it should unlock the prior returns immediately.

What exactly did you pay for?   Did you actually pay with credit/debit card, and did the charge go through?  Are the prior returns in the SAME account as 2018.

You appear to be using Live Basic which is 79.99 for a Federal return, and 34.99 for a state return.   Is that what you paid for?    Or did you try to upgrade to PLUS and upgraded too far and ended up in Live Basic by mistake?  If so, we can tell you what you need to do.

But let's start at the beginning to fully understand your situation.    Were your prior returns prepared with Online TurboTax?  If so, log in to your account and look in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."   Choose the relevant tax year, and look for a link to download/print the PDF.   Do you find evidence of your prior return there OK, but when you try to download, does it ask you to pay?    If it was prepared in Free Edition last year, access will be locked.   If that's your situation, we can tell you how to pay to unlock your prior returns.   The method to unlock it depends on what all you have done with your 2018 return.

If you find no evidence at all of your prior online returns in that account, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.    Any returns prepared in desktop software (CD/download) will not be in an online account.

1. Have you already filed a 2018 return in Online TurboTax, or is one still in preparation?  Or did you file elsewhere?
  2. Was the 2018 return prepared in Free Edition or a higher edition?
  3. How did you end up in Live Basic?  Was that a mistake while you were trying to upgrade to get access to the prior returns?   Or did you indeed want Live Basic because of the access to live help from a CPA/EA tax expert who also will review the return prior to filing?
  4. Is the 2018 return in the SAME account as the prior online returns?

We can tell you how to unlock the returns once you answer all the questions above.   The minimum payment to unlock returns is Free Edition upgraded to PLUS for 19.99.   If you are in Live Basic buy mistake we can tell you what to do to resolve that so you don't have to pay the 79.99 for a Federal return (and 34.99 for state). 

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies