Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tperique
Returning Member

IRS Stimulus Check Tool Incorrect Banking Info

Hello,

I filed both my 2018 and 201 Tax return with Turbo Tax Federal Fee Edition. I di not have any fees taken out of my taxes. For 2019 I applied for the refund advance but i was not approved. This morning when i checked the IRS tool to track your stimulus payment i was told that my payment was scheduled to deposited into my account on today (April 15th) into my account ending in 8405. That is not my account number for 2018 or 2019 thats listed on my 1040 form. Additionally, i cannot even log into the Turbodebitcard Website. Any info?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
keelo1011

This happened to me and I'm concerned with whether or not I will receive a paper check and when. 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

• I have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit on 4/15. You can sign in to your account to check your balance here: https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/login 

• I no longer have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry. If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, you can request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account (https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/account/report-lost-or-stolen). If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance. You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.

Due to unprecedented traffic you may experience some delays on the site or phone line. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we appreciate your patience.   

For additional questions, including how to receive a check, please go to the Turbo Visa Debit Card site: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/turbo-card/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The Turbo Debit Card site is experiencing high volume, so it may take a while to log in.  I had the same concern today, when I learned the deposit account for my stimulus check did not match any of my bank accounts or the last 4 digits of the Turbo Debit Card I received my 2019 Tax Return on. However, once you log into the TurboDebitCard site, you will see that the account information is through Green Dot.  Your Green Dot account number is the account the IRS is using for your stimulus check deposit, to go onto your Turbo Debit Card.  The last four digits the IRS gives you, should be the same last four digits of your Green Dot Direct Deposit Account Number. I received my stimulus check in-full today! 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

The Turbo Card app/site is experiencing high volumes today due to stimulus payments being funded. However to check your account balance, text “BAL XXXX” (XXXX is the last 4 digits of your card number) to 43411 to get your available balance. 

tperique
Returning Member

I just got an alert to my phone saying a deposit was received. Hopefully any issues there were are resolved and you get your stimulus check. I wish you the best of luck. 

Stough 67

This is my card number [phone number removed]7962

Stimulus payments will be sent to the account that the IRS has on record for you.  You can check at IRS Refunds.

What do i do second time stimulus sent to wrong account how do i find out what bank using the account ending in 7946

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Per the IRS, if the account was closed or no longer active, the bank is required to return the deposit. Your payment will be issued as a check to the address they have on file for you. This is generally the address on your most recent tax return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS).

Your bank account information (last four digits 7946) would have been obtained from the most recently filed tax return or information entered in Get My Payment. 

Questions and Answers about the Third Economic Impact Payment — Topic G: Receiving My Payment

@Sarahisme87

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies