turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FrankM1
Returning Member

IRS Notice of no filing

I filled my taxes but just received notice from the IRS that i didn't. I am looking back on my bank deductions and don't see where my payment went. I'm at a loss as I have Turbo tax page that confirms the amount withdrawn, account number, routing number and date of scheduled withdrawal... How do i get help to find out what happened? How do I get the IRS to see the problem?

Thanks

Frank

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

IRS Notice of no filing

The TT page confirms ONLY that you requested the payment be done by the taxing authority however if the return was never accepted for processing the payment info never went to the IRS or state for processing.   So if you do not have proof of payment the return was probably not filed successfully either.   

If you used the downloaded version open the program and review the filing status of the return ...

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

Your return's electronic filing status history records all e-filing activity related to the return, including the Electronic Postmark. You can print it out if needed. 

TurboTax CD/Download software

(Windows) From the TurboTax File menu, select Electronic Filing > Show Electronic Filing Status History.
(Mac) From the TurboTax File menu, select Check E-Filing Status.

FrankM1
Returning Member

IRS Notice of no filing

Critter,

Thanks for the detailed response! I used the online version for 2018 and signed on but cant see where to review the status of the return. There is a place to download the pdf of my report but that does not have anything in it like that. I also went back into my emails back then and don't see any confirmation emails. so somehow I did not do something correctly i guess. Any other suggestions on where to find status?

Thanks again!

Frank

IRS Notice of no filing

You don't see your return in your account?

That's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

IRS Notice of no filing

return status 2018.PNG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies