Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS hasn't received mailed tax return and suggested i try e-filing again. Got back in. Why did numbers change since the printout I filed?

Printed mail-in return in late April. Now, in late July, self-employment insurance deduction went up significantly and credits/refund went up.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

IRS hasn't received mailed tax return and suggested i try e-filing again. Got back in. Why did numbers change since the printout I filed?

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing (or mailng).
You will need it if you are audited by the IRS, or to amend if a TurboTax update changes your return or for any other reason,
SUCH AS,  The Tax Code was changed in March and TurboTax had to update to accommodate this.
AND, to find your AGI next year.

That's certainly good advice - which I followed from the get-go. Doesn't answer the question, though. The mailed return was printed on about 4/26/21. Did TurboTax add an update that would affect the refund/health care deduction since then?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies