turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS has no record of my 2020 return.

TurboTax shows that the IRS accepted my federal tax return on 2/13/2021 but the IRS has no record of it.  I am in the process of moving from Chicago to Florida so I need my refund ASAP.  How can I confirm that my taxes were filed correctly?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

22 Replies

How long ago was your e-file accepted?  

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2584108-why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-my-refund-w...

Sometimes people get confused by the “summary” given by TurboTax and use the wrong amount for the federal refund.  Make sure you are only using the federal refund amount, and not an amount that combined your federal and state refunds.  

Your federal refund amount is on line 34 of your Form 1040

www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

TurboTax shows that it was efiled on Feb 12th and accepted on Feb 13th so it's been well over 24 hours.  When I enter the necessary data into the IRS Where's My Refund tool it says I must have entered the wrong information.  I did not claim EIC or the child tax credit.  The TurboTax automated assistant assistant was not able to answer my question but acknowledged that the IRS accepted my return on the 13th.  I'm wanting to confirm this since the IRS doesn't show it in their system.

@Lprice wrote:

TurboTax shows that it was efiled on Feb 12th and accepted on Feb 12th so it's been well over 24 hours.  When I enter the necessary data into the IRS Where's My Refund tool it says I must have entered the wrong information.

The IRS website says the information is wrong because the IRS has not yet started to process the 2020 tax return after accepting the tax return.  When the IRS starts to process the tax return then there will be a status on the IRS website.

AmandaAZ

Me too. My refund was accepted 2/12 and no refund so far. I did not claim child tax credit or EIC and no refund as of 3/4. TT suggested that my refund would be here 3/3, and I assisted a friend with her return days after I did mine, and she has received her refund already. 

I check the where's my refund page daily, and the IRS is never able to find my refund and says my information is incorrect. I am entering only the federal refund due and am certain that my other information is correct. I have used the IRS2go app and called the number listed on their website, as of today still unable to find my return. 

Once the IRS opened the refund status tool it took about a week for the IRS to change the info in my portal to show that my refund was accepted and being processed.  The message indicated my refund would be processed on Feb 24th.  The money was in my account early in the morning of Feb 24th.  Overall it took 12 days from when Turbo Tax submitted my filing on Feb. 12th when the IRS opened until I got my refund on the 24th.  Hope this helps.  Up to the point that the message was changed to reflect my refund info the website said I must have entered the wrong info.  It was like they hadn't received my return at all.  Once they changed the message the process went pretty fast.

TylerGL

I'm having the same issue and mine was accepted on February 12th as well and I've been checking it every day since and it is currently 17th of March. I don't know how to proceed either

Now that it has been 30 days the IRS should take your call.  The number is in the refund status tool.  Good luck with it.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@TylerGL You can contact the IRS by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ghismep1

this is crazy . my return said accepted sine the 2/16/2021 but IRS doesnt have it file. This is the first time this is happening. I dont nkow what to do because my friend who filed way after me got their refund already 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@ghismep1 

If there is no record of your return, or the system says the information is wrong, please make sure you are entering the correct social security number, filing status, and refund amount.

To verify your Social Security Number:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.

To verify your refund amount:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.

To verify your filing status:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.

If you cannot track your refund on the IRS refund tool despite confirming your information is correct, please click here for some more tips.

IMPORTANT TIP:  Your Turbo Tax portal will show your total refund in large numbers.  When you enter your info into the IRS refund tool make sure you are only using the Federal refund amount not the total amount that Turbo Tax indicates for the Federal and State combined refund.

ghismep1

I checked and recheck and this is not my first time filing . I have been filing for more than 7 years this is the first time I have this problem. IRS account even show that I did not file taxes for 2020. my stumulus check was then based on my 2019 income and since I made more money then i did not receive the stimulus.

Turbo Tax really had something wrong this year because it is happening with few of my friend

people who filed last week already got their refund 

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax assists you in filing your tax return, but once the IRS accepts it they have total control over what happens after that. TurboTax cannot contact the IRS regarding a tax return, since that information is confidential. It's like when you used to mail your tax return in, once you put it in the mail box, it's up to the postage system and the IRS after that.

Same!!!! Idk what to do. Its impossible to talk with someone at the irs!!!:

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies