turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Katiebear31
Returning Member

IRS AMENDED MY 2020 TAX RETURN I FILED ON MARCH 12TH 2020

I filed my taxes march 12th 2020 through turbo tax and it was accepted the same day then i check on turbo tax on june 15th and it showed the irs amended my taxes and they added the unemployment tax break and i get a huge refund how would i find out the exact date they amended my return because it says there is no information on wheres my amended return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

The IRS did NOT amend your return ... they recalculated it which is why you will not see anything on the Where's my amended return tool. 

Check the regular WMR?  tool using the ORIGINAL refund amount.    https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Katiebear31
Returning Member

I didnt have a refund amount i owed the irs 948 dollars or 793 dollars so i didnt get a federal return i got a state return for 64 dollars thats it so what amount would i type in

If you had a balance due on the original return then you cannot use the Where's my REFUND?  tool at all. 

If you can ... set up an account at the IRS and look at your transcripts :  https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Katiebear31
Returning Member

I cant set up a account because they cant verify my identity and under my federal refund it says amending 2020 so that y i thought they amended it so what do you think i sld do i cant find no info on my return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies