turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Di 2may

Intuit account + State pending

My intuit account only shows the free version (actually $30 with plus) tax return filed for my son. How do I ensure that my returns show up in my account? They were filed using software download from CD. Can they be added to my account?

Also going on 4 days since efiled my returns. Federal and my residential returns were both accepted immediately, but my work state of Missouri is still "pending." Should I contact Missouri, or would they contact me if something wrong? Or, would they "reject" with instruction for what to do? All other years for 10 years Missouri accepted nearly immediately when using Turbotax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Sorry the online account is only good for one return.  

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program for your return it is only saved and stored on your computer.  You can not move it to your online account.  You can transfer it into next year either into to online version or the Desktop program.

Why didn't you use your Desktop program to do his return for free?  The Desktop program can do unlimited returns and efile 5 federal for free.

I didn't know I could use desktop up to 5 times, or multple times at all. :(

Yes that is one of the advantages of using the Desktop program.

Desktop also has many other features and advantages over the Online version.  You can do more than 1 return.  You can see and enter into the actual forms.  And you can use a lower version because all the Desktop versions have ALL the same forms.  You just get more help in the higher versions.  In online you have to upgrade to enter certain kinds of income.  Like Premier for investments.

Okay, well, I still need to do my daughters return so I will use the Deluxe desktop that I already have for that. Thanks for the guidance.

Here's a question. I received notification from Turbotax that my Missouri return was accepted. Except, when I go to Missouri's website to see the status it tells me they haven't received the return. Should I be concerned? Not at all like what I've experienced efiling in the past, so a bit troubling to say the least. 

Thank you!

Are you on Windows or Mac?  Here's some info on files.

Does your daughter have the same name initial as you or your spouse?  There is a problem saving returns if 2 returns use the same initials, one will overwrite the other.  So you have to be sure to save the returns first with names completely different to keep them apart.  Don't use the default name given by the program. Go up to File-Save As and give it a unique name.

No, we have different initials. Thanks!!

Windows.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies