turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I received my tax return on a turbo card will my check from the covid 19 stimulus package be deposited into the same account

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

70 Replies

If I received my tax return on a turbo card will my check from the covid 19 stimulus package be deposited into the same account

It is unknown at this time.

Specific guidance has not been provided as far as how the stimulus checks will be sent out.  

The IRS has a dedicated COVID-19 page that you can access  by CLICKING HERE

Here is a Turbotax page  …  COVID-19 TAX UPDATES

Here is the SBTPG site … https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

These pages will continue to be updated with additional guidance as it is released.

leolion93

I just dug into it and yes, they will use your direct deposit infor from 2019 and that account was our turbo card

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Patience will be needed while hard working folks are trying their best to develop and implement  this distribution DURING a tax season AND a pandemic.  

[Edited 04/08/20]

well first critter put a 👍 then said its unknown..like to know if the stimulus is going on our turbo card or do we need to hurry and do something?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

This link CARES Act Update Coronavirus Stimulus Payment Information has information directly from Santa Barbara Tax Products Group that you may find helpful.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If I recieved my taxes back on a turbotax intuit card, will my stimulus money go on that

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

The Department of Treasury will be developing a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online. Visit the links below for more information.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Patience will be needed while hard working folks are trying their best to develop and implement  this distribution DURING a tax season AND a pandemic.  

[Edited 04/08/20]

Yes, if you received your return on your turbo card the direct deposit information for it is listed on page two of your return. That is what they will use. Check page two of your return versus your Turbo Card direct deposit info.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed. Info I found!!

How did you find that info?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the information below for assistance with the economic impact payments:

Please see below for the most current information on how you will receive your stimulus payment:

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Will my stimulus money go on my card 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies