turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pa8730

If I need to regenerate a 2013 tax return but don't have the 2013 CD, how can I obtain the CD?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I need to regenerate a 2013 tax return but don't have the 2013 CD, how can I obtain the CD?

2013 is no longer supported.  if you buy the CD from a website it will be the beta version based on 2012 and likely will not produce the same results as reported on the 2013 return.  TT no longer offers updates for that year.  neither the IRS nor TT maintains that return.   if you have the documents to recreate 2013 as filed, you probably could pay a pro since many maintain the software going back a decade or more. 

why do you need 2013? 

What do you mean regenerate?  Do you have a fi,e ending in .tax2013 on your computer?

If you have a .tax or .tax20xx file you need that year's Desktop program installed to open it.

Turbo Tax doesn't have programs older than 3 years.  You might be able to find one on Ebay or Amazon or somewhere but you wouldn't be able to update it or download the state program.

OR you could try the TaxPrinter service to convert a .tax file to pdf at

http://www.taxprinter.com

pa8730

Got the answer.....thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies