turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to amend my filing status from single to HOH on my 2021 taxes. But it's not giving me a Head of Household option. How do I amend if it doesn't list in the option?

After I click on amend and start going through the questions I click on edit for the personal portion and it doesn't have HOH listed. Just single, married, divorced, legally separated, and widowed. I went all the way through and there is not a place to change this.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I want to amend my filing status from single to HOH on my 2021 taxes. But it's not giving me a Head of Household option. How do I amend if it doesn't list in the option?

I just went back and updated the amount of time she lived with me and it let me change it to HOH. Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@rita-ochap72 - did you list a qualifying dependent? that is a requirement to file HOH.

Yes I did

I just went back and updated the amount of time she lived with me and it let me change it to HOH. Thanks

@rita-ochap72 - did anyone else claim "her" in 2021? if so, amending will cause a problem.  Whomever she lived with for more than 6 months is the person who can normally claim "her".  do you want to explain more? 

Nobody else can claim her. 

For those who ready this thread  later ...in the MY INFO section  the program first asks for your  MARITAL status  ... choices are :  single, married, divorced, legally separated, and widowed.   Then  FILING status of   Single, Married filing Jointly, Married filing separately or  HOH  will be determined.     You will only get HOH  if/when you enter a qualifying dependent ...

Am I Head of Household?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894553-do-i-qualify-for-head-of-household
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2900097-what-is-a-qualifying-person-for-head-of-household

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies