turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wijayr

I've filed my taxes and have received my refund. After the latest stimulus bill with the Unemployment Tax Waiver, how do I go about receiving the credit? I collected EDD

Collected Unemployment for roughly 4 months. Taxes have already been filed and have received my refund. I believe I would benefit from the newest Tax Waiver included in the latest Stimulus Bill. How do I go about amending my taxes for my refund to be adjusted?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DanaB27
Employee Tax Expert

I've filed my taxes and have received my refund. After the latest stimulus bill with the Unemployment Tax Waiver, how do I go about receiving the credit? I collected EDD

Yes, if your modified adjusted gross income (AGI) is less than $150,000, then you can exclude up to $10,200 of unemployment compensation paid in 2020 from your taxable income.

For now, please do not amend your 2020 tax return, the IRS will soon provide taxpayers with additional guidance what to do.

"For those who received unemployment benefits last year and have already filed their 2020 tax return, the IRS emphasizes they should not file an amended return at this time, until the IRS issues additional guidance." Please see IRS statement American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 for details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rkmtt777

I haven't file yet  but TurboTax is going to modify my desk top turbo tax software? when????

@rkmtt777 wrote:

I haven't file yet  but TurboTax is going to modify my desk top turbo tax software? when????

The update for the software was released today.

If you have a Windows computer start the TurboTax program.  Click on Online and click on Check for Updates

Verify your version.  Click on Help>About TurboTax>Version.  The current version is 020.000.1688

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies