turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I tried faxing the 1095 A since I can’t leave the house but the IRS hasn’t received that or the amended return with the 1095 A or 8962 yet. I have been waiting to months for you to send the

They are still waiting for the amended return with the 1095 A. I can’t pay you until you send it
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

I tried faxing the 1095 A since I can’t leave the house but the IRS hasn’t received that or the amended return with the 1095 A or 8962 yet. I have been waiting to months for you to send the

We cannot send those items on your behalf if they did not transmit with the initial return electronically. TurboTax cannot forward paper documents for customers.

Many IRS fax machines are not currently operational and the IRS is not currently processing paper submissions in most cases. 

Amended returns are being received, but they are not being scanned into systems and cataloged as they normally are, so receipt cannot be confirmed at this time.

Instead, they are being warehoused until normal IRS operations resume.  It is not yet known when that may be.

We suggest mailing documents with a tracking number so that you have proof of delivery. 

Alternately, you may wish to wait until normal operations resume when you can fax documents again OR wait until later in the summer when the IRS is expected to open up a brand new system to allow amended returns to be received electronically for the first time (this is anticipated, but subject to change.)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies