turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

katie-vor

I submitted my taxes electronically back in April of this year and they were accepted the very next day. It is now September and I still don't have refund. What can I do?

My refund was supposed to be direct deposited into my bank I've had for years. The Wheres my Refund tool still says my return is processing. I have tried to call numerous times but I'm never able to speak to anyone.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I submitted my taxes electronically back in April of this year and they were accepted the very next day. It is now September and I still don't have refund. What can I do?

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

katie-vor

I have tried this multiple times during different times of the day. I can not ever get to speak with someone. Recently I waited 20 minutes and then the recording switched to "your call can not be completed as dialed.  

@katie-vor wrote:

I have tried this multiple times during different times of the day. I can not ever get to speak with someone. Recently I waited 20 minutes and then the recording switched to "your call can not be completed as dialed.  

That is the only way you will be able to speak with an IRS agent.  Many users have reported that they can get an agent if they call first thing in the morning or during the last hour at night.

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies