turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I started filing on 1/15/2020, and my return still has not been accepted yet. Does anyone know why this could be? Is it just me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

33 Replies

I started filing on 1/15/2020, and my return still has not been accepted yet. Does anyone know why this could be? Is it just me?

The IRS officially opens on January 27.  On or after that date your tax return will either be accepted or rejected.   If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status -   https://www.irs.gov/refunds

not just you, I also filed on the 15th and it still says pending

Jrsmith
Returning Member

It's a bit perplexing to me as well. I know the IRS is holding federal taxes until the 27th for file, but my state as well has been pending for nearly two weeks which has never happened before. I don't know if they are holding both to file them at the same time or what is going on.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Your state tax return will not be submitted to your state Department of Revenue until your federal return has been accepted by the IRS. The IRS will begin processing federal tax returns today, January 27, 2020.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Beauty25

Has anyone's return been accepted yet by the IRS? I know today is the first day of processing. I filed 2 weeks ago and I am still pending.

@Beauty25 wrote:

Has anyone's return been accepted yet by the IRS? I know today is the first day of processing. I filed 2 weeks ago and I am still pending.

Your tax returns will remain Pending until the IRS starts receiving tax returns. It may be several days after the IRS start date before your tax return gets accepted or rejected.

Go to this IRS website for the official start date - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

i filed mine on the 16th and mine also says pending on both fed and state...  i know they just started accepting today but u would think the ones that filed early would be the ones to get accepted first.. im waiting patiently because i done the refund advance and your suppose to get that within an hour of the irs acceptance... 

Me too i filed on the 16th  and my sister did hers on the 21 and she got accepted on the 22nd no dependents. So i guess we'll have to wait please keep me updated if any of yous got accepted. 

tassi
Returning Member

still pending as well. however the IRS website says it has received my return that normally means acceptance. However turbo tax isnt saying accepted

tassi
Returning Member

maybe their is a delay in the system from Turbo tax and the IRS for acceptance notifications

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

It's probably  because the IRS officially started processing tax returns today, please review link: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

And after your return has been "accepted" you should wait at least three days after e-filing your tax return before checking a refund status. Finally be sure you are entering the required information correctly. 

1. Amount of expected FEDERAL refund ( do not include State)

2. Social Security number (primary filer)

3. Filing Status (head of house hold, married filing jointly, etc)

Gal

My refund got accepted today between 9 and 10 this morning and i filed on 1/13/20 blessings.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS began accepting returns on January 27th. It takes about 21 days for the IRS to issue a refund, once the Return has been Accepted. To get an actual date for when you will receive your refund, please go to www.irs.gov/refund. If have already checked this website and it says Approved, the IRS says:

"We’ve approved your refund. We are preparing to send your refund to your bank or directly to you in the mail. This status will tell you when we will send the refund to your bank (if you selected the direct deposit option). Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds. (It could take several weeks before you receive a mailed refund check.)"

Continue to check the IRS website Where's My Refund section.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

My taxes took like 3-4 times to get accepted, but were officially accepted on 1/23/20. its still in accepted status no clue how long its going to take to process to get the return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies