turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received my portion of my adult funds, but did not receive funds for any of my 3 kids 17,15 and 13. Did anyone else have this issue? Help it's driving me nuts. I did everything the IRS requested.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received my portion of my adult funds, but did not receive funds for any of my 3 kids 17,15 and 13. Did anyone else have this issue? Help it's driving me nuts. I did everything the IRS requested.

This is mainly a user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support--and I'm a fellow user, not a tax person.   I don't know anything about the non-filers tool.

But if you were entitled to more stimulus funds, you should be able to receive it at some point.   The stimulus is actually an advance payment for 2020.   So in a worst case scenario, anyone who didn't get all their stimulus money in advance now will at least be able to reconcile that on the 2020 tax return next year to get any extra stimulus money they were due.   Whether there's a current procedure to correct anything before then or not, or whether the IRS will develop a method before then, I don't know.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You are not going to receives stimulus money for any child over 16.  So you will have to let the IRS know you did not receive it for the the two younger kids.  They send out a letter a couple of weeks after issuing the money so wait for that and see if it gives you a way to tell them you did not receive the money for two of the children.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You said "I received my portion of my adult funds."

You said "my."  Does that imply there is a separate parent?  If so, could that other parent have claimed the kids on his/her return and thus received the 2 dependents' stimulus?

No, I checked that. But I was directed to turbo tax for non-filing taxes tool. I noticed that the person who filled out my forms, added my 17 yr old as my dependent instead of one of my younger 2 kids, that qualifies us for our stimulus. Well I read that kids 17 and older do not qualify for the Stimulus.. and now I do not get any of my 3 kids funds. The IRS. Probably laughed and threw us in the reject pile. How could Turbo tax not notice when they looked over the information?  

This is mainly a user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support--and I'm a fellow user, not a tax person.   I don't know anything about the non-filers tool.

But if you were entitled to more stimulus funds, you should be able to receive it at some point.   The stimulus is actually an advance payment for 2020.   So in a worst case scenario, anyone who didn't get all their stimulus money in advance now will at least be able to reconcile that on the 2020 tax return next year to get any extra stimulus money they were due.   Whether there's a current procedure to correct anything before then or not, or whether the IRS will develop a method before then, I don't know.

Thank you .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies