turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a duplicate SSN error when e-filing my 2019 return. I first registered for the Stymulus on the IRS page. Can I receive an alert when IRS fixes this issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

I received a duplicate SSN error when e-filing my 2019 return. I first registered for the Stymulus on the IRS page. Can I receive an alert when IRS fixes this issue?

There does not appear to be a way to register for an alert when the IRS offers further guidance or fixes this situation.  Keep an eye on the following TurboTax article since it will likely change with further information if and when the IRS offers another solution.

Reject R0000-902-01:  Taxpayer TIN must not be the same as a previously accepted return

@josefinar53

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

There does not appear to be a way to register for an alert when the IRS offers further guidance or fixes this situation.  Keep an eye on the following TurboTax article since it will likely change with further information if and when the IRS offers another solution.

Reject R0000-902-01:  Taxpayer TIN must not be the same as a previously accepted return

@josefinar53

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

There is nothing to fix because if you said that you were a non-filer then that is the same thing as filing a blank tax return and you cannot e-file a second tax return.   You can only mail file now.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

But in the Turbo tax explanation of this error, says that even though the IRS is receiving mail in file, its not processing for now do to the COVID pandemic  and that if  you prefer to wait the IRS will provide a fix to this. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies