turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a department of treasury letter. Should I submit the paperwork the ask for or use the audit defense service provided by turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I received a department of treasury letter. Should I submit the paperwork the ask for or use the audit defense service provided by turbo tax?

1) What did the letter ask for? 2) See <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live">https...> to get the one-on-one 'Live' help you're paying for.

What tax year is the letter asking about ?   If it was for 2018 contact your LIVE help person ... if not use the audit defense service if you paid for it in the past.

If you purchased audit defense when you filed, contact them immediately.  Don't send anything to the IRS on your own without checking with them.

If you did not purchase audit defense, then you can think about responding on your own depending on what is being asked as what is at risk.

toddlori1

I need assistance with figuring out how to respond to  an IRS letter saying I owe 37K more on my 2018 tax return plus  interest and penalties!

@toddlori1 wrote:

I need assistance with figuring out how to respond to  an IRS letter saying I owe 37K more on my 2018 tax return plus  interest and penalties!

Did you purchase Audit Defense?  If so, for questions or concerns about your Audit Defense membership, contact TaxAudit.com at intuit.taxaudit.com or by calling toll-free (877) 829-9695

If you did not purchase Audit Defense then you can use the TurboTax Audit Support Center to help you understand the IRS notice you received and the next steps you should take - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies