turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deuce82

I received a CPY11 in the mail saying I owe $2000. This is the same amount of the voided checks I mailed to the IRS two months ago. I imagine they have not received it?

I am sure there records show I received the entire amount, but I only cashed $1100 of the $3300 (due to direct deposit setup).  What do I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received a CPY11 in the mail saying I owe $2000. This is the same amount of the voided checks I mailed to the IRS two months ago. I imagine they have not received it?

Please explain it more.  How did you send in the payments?  Did you send them in with a 1040V voucher?  If you used a 1040ES slip that was for an estimated payment for NEXT year so it didn't get applied to the tax due.

Or the IRS could have adjusted your return and you owe 2,000 more.  

And your post doesn't make sense.  You are mixing up Direct Deposit for refunds and payments for tax due.   And a voided check means it was stopped and cancelled.  What did you receive?  You receive a Refund.  Did you have a 3300 Refund or a  tax due?  How could you cash $1,100?  Did the IRS send you $1,100?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies